Terms & Conditions
We don’t over book (sell more availability than we actually have) as is typical for bigger hotels. When you reserve accommodation with us you are contracting to stay in a particular room, not a room type. From that point of view staying at Siena House is more like a Villa Rental and our accommodation contract reflects this.
STANDARD RESERVATIONS To reserve one room for up to 10 nights we will require 25% of total accommodation costs to be paid by credit card at the time of booking. A further 25 % will be due and may be processed on the same card 15 days prior to arrival. The balance will be charged to the same card at check in. CANCELLATION is ‘free’* up until 3 pm Italian time 60 days prior to the scheduled check in as per the original reservation dates *if it is possible to reverse the payment free of charge otherwise the penalty will be equal to the bank charges incurred to refund. LATE CANCELLATION later than 3 pm Italian time fewer than 15 days before the scheduled check in incurs a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the total accommodation cost of your reservation. No shows and Shortened stays are charged at full rate. *We are sorry but we will not cover FX or other banking charges incurred by cancellation.
MULTI ROOM & LONG STAY RESERVATIONS When reserving 2/+ rooms or when staying 10/+ nights at the house your free* cancellation period is 3pm Italian time 75 days from arrival. To reserve we require 25% deposit followed by an additional 25% of the total accommodation costs to total 50% of the total accommodation costs is to be paid by 3 pm Italian time 30 days prior to arrival becoming non refundable at that point. For a multi room booking we may pre-authorise the balance due on the same card 15 days prior to arrival. Cancellation later than 3pm Italian time 30 days prior to arrival incurs a cancellation fee equal to 50% of total accommodation cost, cancellation 15 days prior to arrival incurs a cancellation fee equal to 100% of accommodation cost. No shows and shortened stays are charged at full rate. We strongly advise the purchase of travel insurance.*We are sorry but we will not cover FX or other banking charges incurred by cancellation.
CHECK IN (arrival at the house) after 3 pm and CHECK OUT (departure from the property and gardens) by 11 am.
ONE NIGHT STAYS No early arrival or late departure from the room or property possible, the rental period commences post 3 pm and ends by 11 am the following morning meaning you are booking one night, not one night and two days. We reserve the right to accommodate in whichever of our rooms works best with the booking calendar, thus we accept a one night stay for 2 people (and one under 12) as standard. If you have reserved a one night without contacting us in advance in the Montepulciano Suite for more than 2 adults and 1 under 12 note that the automated response from the booking system does not constitute confirmation, and we may refuse the reservation.
INCIDENTALS: Upon departure your credit card on file will be charged for incidentals – items present at check in that are not present following your departure – and any non standard cleaning or repairs required. Late departure may also incur additional charges. In the case of all rooms rentals or private hire liability extends across the whole property and pool and includes subsequent loss that may be incurred by damage.
TRAVEL INSURANCE Cancellation and early departure due to bad weather will not be refunded. Travel insurance will protect you from bad weather, health and other problems, we strongly advise the purchase of travel insurance.
CANCELLATION means cancellation of room nights, be it all or part of the stay.